Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 - Phases

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
469 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2015 - Phases

Good afternoon.

I haven't seen this before nor did I find an answer. We are working on a project that is almost identical to a project we worked on a few years ago and a few versions ago. There are differences but not much. I took the mechanical work and copied it into the new project and it landed almost where it needed too as well. I took all the air terminals, flex duct and Low Pressure ductwork downstream of the VAV's and changed them to a phase that is after the New Construction Phase (called Phase II in our project) called Not Used. The idea here is to have these elements not visible but available later on to show again instead of deleting them and redoing them at a later date. 

All of this ductwork now displays and prints as dashed linework but it is unselectable. The active Phase is Phase II. The Phase Filter is set to Previous + New and the only thing visible is Previous and new, no demo, no temporary. I have no clue why this ductwork is being displayed. Here is a screen shot.

*shrugs* I am stumped. Smiley Embarassed

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
casquatch
in reply to: Anonymous

Jason,

This could also be a view range issue. It could be in that "beyond" area, making it non-selectable and dashed. The dashing would come from whatever you have setup in the Linetype settings for the <Beyond> line style.

Just a thought. I would think you'd be able to see these elements in a section or a 3D view and have the ability to select them. Also, in those views the "Beyond" override wouldn't apply, so they would be a standard duct lineweight.

Thanks,
Casey
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: casquatch

It shows up the same way in a 3D view as well so I dont think it is the beyond format.

These items have been placed on a future phase, that shouldnt even be visible in the view.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

These kind of errors are not unheard of in Revit. Can you try to reproduce this in a new Project file? If so, can you purge it to make it small enough to post here? (You may have to manually delete Fitting Families from the Project Browser)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I did a purge and removed everything but the views on sheets and the file is still 56mb. I can share through dropbox or something.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I have found out why dashed ductwork was shown. The dash was actually the liner, not the duct. I guess the liner doesnt take on the same phasing properties when applied. I turned off Liner in the view and the dashed ductwork disappeared.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report