Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 - ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database - "No Loss Defined" Warnings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RJServoss
1346 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2015 - ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database - "No Loss Defined" Warnings

I have a lot of "No Loss Defined" warnings appearing and they are all associated with fittings that do not have an associated loss coefficient from the ASHRAE Table. These are fittings that are can be found in the duct fitting database but Revit is not populating them with the proper fitting designation. Is there a way to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: RJServoss

The most common causes for the "No Loss Defined" warnings are as follows; fittings in certain conditions do not have loss information from an ASHRAE table, have no loss information specified (if loss is set to specified in the family), have no flow (so there is no loss), and Fittings with multiple paths (Tees, Crosses, Wyes), for which Revit does not support Loss Method (so it greys out the parameter).

From the sound of it, I'm guessing the fittings are those with multiple paths. The reason that multiple paths are not supported is that there is no place within Revit to store or manage the mulitple ASHRAE values, so REvit greys out the parameter.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
chepe.meme
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

But in the duct systems always use a a tees, crosses and wyes. So it´s not funcional to design and calculate the ducts systems.

Message 4 of 4
garrett.d
in reply to: chepe.meme

Agreed. The duct pressure loss calculations are worthless if they just disregard tees, wyes, crosses, etc.

AutoDesk has known about this issue for years, yet they refuse to do anything about it. I don't understand why they introduce a feature that is like 90% of the way there and then they never finish fixing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report