Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Cloud Rendering Option

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
jmp10h
2017 Views, 14 Replies

Revit 2014 Cloud Rendering Option

So I have recently updated my revit from 2012 to 2014. To my understanding Revit 2014 came equipt with an in product "Render in Cloud" option unlike 2012 revit that needed to download an update to enable this capability. Well after searching for quite a bit of time I can not find the "Render in Cloud" button in any part of the program. I have searched the view and graphics panels and I have been unsuccessful. Can anyone please help me.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
abulla
in reply to: jmp10h

Hmm, that is odd, the Render in Cloud button should be right there next to Render in the View tab. I know it's a subscription-only service, but I don't think the button visibility would have anything to do with that.
Message 3 of 15
philip.s
in reply to: abulla

Hi Joyleene!

In case you haven't seen it already, the Autodesk 360 Rendering Quick Start guide, references the rendering access location, which matches up with what Aaron pointed out.

1. Open a project in Revit and click View tab
  2. Graphics panel
  3. Render in Cloud
  4. If prompted, sign in to your Autodesk account

Are you able to attach a screen shot of what your View tab looks like?

Message 4 of 15
jmp10h
in reply to: philip.s

I was told that there is supposed to be an in product button unlike Revit 2012. I tried to locate it as well as using a keyboard shortcut but was unsuccessful. Attached is a screen shot of the view tab when looking at the sample project available with Revit. I hope this helps find a solution.
Message 5 of 15
jmp10h

So is everyone just saying I have a bad revit download....if so how do I change that I really need help.

Message 6 of 15
philip.s

It doesn't look like your screen shot attached on the previous post. Can you please try again so that we can take a look?

Message 7 of 15
jmp10h

Hopefully this one will attach.
Message 8 of 15
jmp10h

Here are two more screen shots just in case.

Message 9 of 15
abulla

Hmm, what options show up if you click the arrow on the Graphics tab?
Message 10 of 15
jmp10h

I have looked everywhere for the render in cloud. It seems that not even the keyboard shortcut work. I don't know what to do. But here is a screen shot of what the graphics arrow looks like.

Message 11 of 15
philip.s

Hi Joyleene,

Just checked with one of our resident experts who advised me that it looks like the Autodesk 360 Rendering add-in is not being found by Revit. The add-in Autodesk.Raas.addin (attached) should be in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2014\AddIns\RaaSForRevit.

Can you double check to ensure that it's there and if not copy it from this post?

Message 12 of 15
jmp10h

I checked in the folder and all of the files were there. I also erased them and copied the ones you sent me but still revit is not showing the render in cloud option.

Message 13 of 15
philip.s

Thanks for confirming.

Does running Revit as an administrator (to see if it is a permissions issue) have any impact?

Can you also check your journal files for the following lines (towards the beginning of the file):
' 0:< API_SUCCESS { Replacing command id 'ID_PHOTO_RENDER_IN_CLOUD' Executed implementation with implementation from application 'RaaS' dll 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2014\AddIns\RaaSForRevit\RaaSApplication.dll'. }
' 0:< API_SUCCESS { API registering command Executed event by application RaaS (d4f6554b-5d68-4a13-beec-4a0647c34408). }
' 0:< API_SUCCESS { Replacing command id 'ID_PHOTO_RENDER_IN_CLOUD' CanExecute implementation with implementation from application 'RaaS' dll 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2014\AddIns\RaaSForRevit\RaaSApplication.dll'. }
' 0:< API_SUCCESS { API registering command CanExecute event by application RaaS (d4f6554b-5d68-4a13-beec-4a0647c34408). }

Message 14 of 15
jmp10h

I could not find the journal files that I needed to check...i might have gotten the locations wrong or misinterpreted what was on the page. Can you send me a copy and paste of that location?

Message 15 of 15
jmp10h

Ok nevermind I found the locations of the journals but there are about 22 different files for journals

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report