Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014/2015 turn off grids

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jrooker06
2989 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2014/2015 turn off grids

I have linked in the architects drawings into my project and then copy monitor the grids to my project. we usely turn off the archittects grid lines in the visiability graphics but to do so you have to go to the revit links and change the display settings from hosted view to the custom. I dont like doing it this way because then i have to make all changes in the link instead of using the master to change all. My question is, is thier any way to turn off the linked grid lines in the model categories and keep my copied grid lines on without changing from hosted view in visiability graphics? i tried by filtering the model categories to view just the architects stuff and it still shut off my grid lines.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Jrooker06

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

You can use a View Filter to control the visibility of the Grids within the linked model. Create a new View Filter that applies to the Grids Category and use one of the following methods:

By Workset (Workshared Projects only)

As long as both the linked model and your project are both workshared, you can set the Filter Rules to "Workset" "does not equal" and specify the Workset that you have placed your Copy/Monitored Grids on. This will shut off all Grids that are not on the designated Workset, even those in linked models.

By Type Name

After you Copy/Monitor the Grids, rename the Type (under Type Properties) to anything else. Then, set the Filter Rules to "Type Name" "equals" and then specify the previous Type Name. It will not appear in the convenient pull-down so you will have to manually type it in. This will turn off all Grids of that Type, which will exclude yours since you renamed the Type.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report