Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2012 SUB FILES

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CADFLL
353 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT 2012 SUB FILES

How do you create subfiles under the mechanical folder? I would like to create : notes, schedules, details, controls, etc to organize my drafting views.

Our BIM guy is out today so I need some 101 help!!

Thx!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AnmarieJames8335
in reply to: CADFLL

If I understand you correctly, you need to create new Sub-Discipline categories.  To do this, click on a drafting view you want in one of your detail categories. In the Properties dialog, look for Discipline and Sub-Discipline. Discipline should be set to Mechanical (for Mech details of course), and you can type in whatever you want for Sub-Discipline. Once you have typed something in, it's available in the drop-down menu, so you don't have to type it in for every view.

You might consider opening another project with this already set up, so that you can make the Sub-Discipline names match. Consistency is extremely helpful in maintaining efficiency and avoiding confusion, especially if others will be working on the project with you.

AJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report