Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2010 Export/Printing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
SKENGINEERS
347 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2010 Export/Printing

We're using Revit MEP 2010 and for some reason when we export to DWG most if not all of our mechanical entities don't export. The same goes for when we print. The mechanical work show in the preview but it doesn't print on the hard copy. Any direction would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jrobker
in reply to: SKENGINEERS

As far as the exporting is concerned, apparently it is a known issue.

What makes me laugh, is how Autodesk preaches interoperability.

Unsure of the print issues.
Have you tried to explode everything to see if it will print, just as a test?
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 7
SKENGINEERS

I really can't explode because I'll lose the data associated with my mechanical fixtures.
Message 4 of 7
Jrobker

I am talking about in ACAD.
The reason it may not be printing (atleast the entities that made it through the export) is because of the entities they export to.

Just a test.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 7
SKENGINEERS

That's exactly my problem. The mechanical work does not export into CAD and therefore exploding, selecting it, listing its, etc. it is not an option. The work is live in Revit but when I export to dwg format or print PDF files, the mechanical work is not present.

Perhaps theres an option in Revit which lets you view the entities but not export or print them depending on the options selected? I'm guessing that's probably the problem. Edited by: SKENGINEERS on Sep 28, 2009 5:34 PM
Message 6 of 7
Jrobker

Are you Electrical or Mechanical?
The reason I ask is because, I have heard exporting a linked model has more issues.

Either way it should just work.

Message 7 of 7
SKENGINEERS

The issues are with the mechanical. And yes, you would hope it would just work but unfortunately that not the case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report