Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisions in Revit.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RickGraham
1899 Views, 4 Replies

Revisions in Revit.

Hi all,

Unless I'm missing something, it appears to me that the revisions part of Revit MEP is flawed. I have choices of Tag, Tag with Cloud, or None.

• If I choose tag, it shows the delta symbols only and adds the annotation to the revision area - okay.
  • If I choose tag and cloud, it shows the delta and the revision clouds and adds the revision to the revision area. - okay.
  • If I choose None, no deltas or clouds are visible, however it still adds the revision to the revision area. - NOT okay.

I need to do AS-BUILT/Conformance drawings and the the way we typically did it in the old AutoCAD era was to REMOVE all traces of revision markings on a drawing. I would think that None should be just that - NO revision markings on the drawing at all. Zip, zero, nil.

Anyone have any brilliant ideas how to combat this? Out "workaround" is to plot to PDF and then go into each and every PDF and using the erase function, erase that area. It is time-consuming and cumbersome espeically when your As-Built/Conformance set is approaching 50 sheets.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
abulla
in reply to: RickGraham

Unfortunately as of the 2014 release, there is no way to delete revisions. I think you'll have to track down the revision clouds and delete them.
Message 3 of 5
RickGraham
in reply to: abulla

Yeah. Its a shame that it can't do that. I still think that the NONE option should not show the revision is the revisions area. Perhaps a wishlist item?

I even wish there was an option to select a cloud, right-click and Select All Instances > Entire Project and delete or create a scheule and delete, but nope. Autodesk, you're making it difficult for me to do something that should be menial.

But thanks for the reply.

Rick

Message 4 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: RickGraham

Edit the titleblock and delete the revision schedule. 

If you need it back one day it's easy to replace.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 5
RickGraham
in reply to: Jrobker

Utterly Brilliant, Miah!

Thanks!

Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report