Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Diffuser/Grille-Circular w/ Round neck

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Lev97
3418 Views, 8 Replies

Return Diffuser/Grille-Circular w/ Round neck

Hello

I'm looking for a Return Diffuser/Grille-Circular with a round neck. The diffuser should be
non-hosted since it will be hanging from the duct. Any resources out there?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
danecaveman
in reply to: Lev97

Did you ever find anything.. I'm also looking. Trying to create it by merging a return diffuser with info from supply diffusers. Let me know.

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
chuckeg1
in reply to: Lev97

Do you have access to a supply side version of the diffuser/grille in question?  If so, open that family, edit the connector to be Return Air type, and save as a return air diffuser/grille family.

Message 4 of 9
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: chuckeg1

To 'convert' a Supply to Return, you need to change the System Classification, and the Flow Direction.

Supply Terminals, direction = In

Return Terminals, direction = out

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9

Even after changing the System Classifcation and Flow Direction to Return and out the diffuser is still displaying as a supply diffuser shwoing the "x" instead of the "\" on the diffuser. Also I copied a Supply diffuser hosted to the ceiling and saved as a Return Grille just as was mentioned before. Any ideas to why the diffuser still displays as a Supply diffuser in the model?

Message 6 of 9
dbutts7
in reply to: Wayne_Harris

Open the family up, and set the Ref Level plan view current. Using a selection window and then use the filter tool. Make sure only model lines (linework) are selected, and then pick the cheap sunglasses on the view control bar (the isolate objects tool). Hide everything else, and you should see the lines you're seeing in the model. Delete what you don't want, and that should fix it - let me know if it doesn't.

We only use non-hosted, made our own. Some users set model lines to be the visible component from a plan view, so they can add the x's and slashes. The entire model may be set to only appear in elevation/section and 3D views, which is common with a lot of Autodesk default parts. But these are some of the easiest to make. I've got a doc on it if you need it.

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Wayne_Harris
in reply to: dbutts7

Awesome. That did the trick. Thanks for the quick response. The company I work for is late to the Revit MEP party and I'm fairly new at this myself coming from AuotCAD MEP.  I'm a HVAC designer so this was an important step that I will now incorporate into our company's template. Thanks again.

Message 8 of 9
shawn.tuthill
in reply to: dbutts7

Good stuff,

But what do you do about the direction arrows? I tried just moving them around but when in the model, I try to change the neck size, the grille gets bigger but the arrows do not move like they should.

Message 9 of 9

Edit family and draw one reference plane 100mm away from edge of the diffuser and lock it with the dimensions then lock arrow on this newly drawn reference plane then load family into project and check.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report