Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report sheet name

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
embolisim
476 Views, 4 Replies

report sheet name

How can I report the sheet name in a shared or project parameter?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: embolisim

I'm not certain I follow you, but you cannot link the value of a Project or Shared Parameter to another Parameter. What are you aiming to accomplish?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
embolisim

I'm trying to circumvent cororate policy, which is to NOT put the sheet name on the sheet.

Meaning I have to manually input the Sheet Name into um.... the sheet name. Or find some other way of making the Sheeet Name read the sheet name parameter supplied by corporate, or visa versa.

It seems like a small problem, but it means some of our custom tools give unexpected results.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

That makes a lot of sense...it's a corporate endeavor to dictate stupidly inefficient regulations in order to increase efficiency. Do you know if there's a reason behind that craziness? Well, since I doubt that you have the sway to change corporate policy, I think your pretty much SOL. You can make a Sheet List that compares the parameters' values side-by-side. Perhaps even configure a conditional format if they don't match exactly.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

I know this is not an ideal workflow but may help with your task.

Whitefeet tools has an excel export tool and a sheet creator.

I could be possible to extract the sheet name parameter into excel, copy the values into the Sheet Creator spreadsheet and then run the tool. Or have I missed the point of your problem?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report