Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Warning

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
asommer
504 Views, 5 Replies

Rendering Warning

I keep getting this warning while Rendering a camera view "Missing xxxxx.jpg".  the Rendering stops, and I have to cancel.  I tried "Transfer Project Standards", and transfered Materials, but these are not .jpgs.  Where are these in the model?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
julianjameson8403
in reply to: asommer

Have you used any materials that use a jpg to give the surface texture - i.e ceiling tiles, etc.? Also wondered if the architect or structural engineer has perhaps used a specific material that requires a specific jpg that hasn't been sent to you?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
asommer

I would think if the arch used a custom material that required a jpg, that would come over with the "Materials".  Aren't all materials jpg?  Where would these be saved?

Message 4 of 6
julianjameson8403

I don't think all are jpg's. Only some of the materials that require a specific texture use a jpg - for example most of the wood materials have an image file applied during the render so you can see the pattern. Material library of jpg and png files -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\3\Mats. (Path is Windows 7 based and assuming RME 2012)

As for transferring projects standards - not sure if that would take texture files from another model and add them to your library - assuming the problem material is from a linked model. I'm not 100% sure that this is your root cause but seems the most likely place to start. May be worth opening the various models and purging unused materials to help locate the offending material. I have checked the above by removing a png file from the above folder and rendering and I get the error attached.

Either that or the path to the material textures is not correct.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
asommer

So I would have to have the architect send me a copy of thier materials file, since the materials are externally linked (not in the model itself).  Wonderful!

Thanks for your help.  I'll let you know if this works.

Message 6 of 6
julianjameson8403

You could just ask them if they have used any custom textures in their materials and ask for the jpg/png file. Or you could just go into the architectural model and adjust the offending material to see if that resolves the issue. The jpg/png files are part of the property sets of the materials.

Hope this resolves it.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report