Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing items from Schedule

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
chunky2k
11937 Views, 5 Replies

Removing items from Schedule

I have created some Mechanical equipment and add them to the Drawings

now i have small problem, some of the equipment i dont want to include them in the schedule 

how can i remove certain equipment ?

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chunky2k

You can exclude certain elements by employing Filters. Under the Schedule's Properties, go to the Filters tab. Here, you can create logical conditions to exclude the undesired information. You can use a number of possible methods to accomplish this, such as: Filtered by: "Family Name", does not contain "[unwanted text]". I would be able to give you some more specific information if you can provide a little more detail.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
chunky2k
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks a million
it worked like a charm !!
Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Message 4 of 6
Eduardo2012
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CADasthrope, I thought it would be as easy as you describe. However I'm encountering a frustrating situation.

I have a wall schedule from which I need to exclude all CURTAIN walls. I thought same as you: just filter out any family or type containig the name "curtain". Well it turns out that the filtering options DO NOT show "Type" nor "Family name or type".

I  had to go to EACH one of my curtain wall types to:

1. Enter"Curtain wall" text in the "TYPE COMMENTS" field (not very revit-ish, having to do this manually for each type)
  2. Go back to the schedule and add the TYPE COMMENTS field
  3. Finally filter out all fields containing the "curtain wall" text in the Type Comments field.

I would like to read your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 6
bsammis
in reply to: Eduardo2012

Yeah, the inability to filter schedules by family or type is infuriating.  however, you don't have to leave the schedule to make that change - just add "type comments" or "type mark" to your schedule, add the value you want to filter by right there in the schedule, then create the filter.  Or find some other characteristic unique to curtain wall assemblies that's already in your schedule and use that as your filter logic.

Message 6 of 6
Eduardo2012
in reply to: chunky2k

Right from the schedule!!! Great tip bsammis!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report