Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region not printing correctly since Update Release 2 - Revit 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
alijax1972
480 Views, 6 Replies

Region not printing correctly since Update Release 2 - Revit 2014

Hi there, I have a region on a Generic Annotation symbol loaded into a family that is'nt displaying properly when printed, even though looks good on the preview.

Or have I made an error when creating the Family.

(attached is a screenshot of the pdf & families used)

I have updated the software drivers for the printer & pdf995.

This has only occured since installing the recent Update Release 2, and all other seeting have not been altered has anyone else had a similar issue ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

when the print windows open go to setup (right-bottom) then on the print setup page select raster processing and it should fix the problem

see attachement for a better visualize the solution

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. 

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply - but we changed from printing in Vector mode to Raster mode in a bid to prevent 'blocky' curved lines (see attached).

Our symbol has only started looking like the original screengrab since we installed  the update last week - when I originally posted this to @Autodeskhelp.

Message 4 of 7

the only solution that i found is to edit your family and divide you filled region into several segements, i modified your family and it does look good now when comes to printing.

the problem is nested family with a circle filled area.

i have unistalled revit 2014 and then reinstall it with update1 and i still see the problem, i see it in 2013 also 

i downgraded .net 4.5 to .net 4.0 and still no solution so i guess you need to play round your family, look at how i edited your nested family

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 7

here is a link for you if you want to put your feedback about this problem 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your solution, this is the only instance this occurs - so maybe in future if there are any regions on a nested family these will be broken up to prevent this.
Message 7 of 7

i realised that is not with any regions, i think is more when it is a circle region.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report