Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflected Ceiling-Linked

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
313 Views, 4 Replies

Reflected Ceiling-Linked

If I am linking my architectural model into my MEP do I have to re-create the ceiling to host my lights? I can see the reflected ceiling in the plan view but can not host lights.

Thanks for the help.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Scott_Womack
in reply to: Anonymous

You'll need to decide on one of two courses. Since ceilings are NOT one of the things you can "copy/monitor", you'll need to either rebuild your light families as Face-Hosted, or put the ceilings in, and carefully monitor the Architect's revised files for every aspect of the ceilings, including height changes. Pick your poison
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Do you mean non-hosted? I believe that my lights are currently ceiling hosted.

Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 5
Scott_Womack

No, I mean FACE hosted, not ceiling hosted. There is a significant difference. Face hosted will allow you to place the lights on the "Face" of the ceiling in the linked model. If you use ceiling hosted lights, then you'll have to create, maintain, and constantly change the ceilings to try to match the architectects ceiling.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks that makes sense. Now are you creating lights in the generic faced based template or how do you choose your family template?

Thanks again this will save me lots of time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report