Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receptacle Labels

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CarrieHoffman02
1734 Views, 2 Replies

Receptacle Labels

Is there a way I can move the label for my receptacle so it would be out of the way for the circuiting? I may or may not need to move it with each instance and if I need to move the label, it would most likely be different on each receptacle. I would also like to rotate the text to where it would be horzontal each time. Is this possible? Currently I have the annotation for the receptacle set to "keep readable" in the family.

Thanks

Carrie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abulla
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

We use Tags for receptacles because of that issue, we just set it to read the Type Mark.

Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

We have Circuit Number (and Light Fixture Type) labels embedded in our electrical families as a design aid, so we don't have to wrestle with Tags during design. These labels only appear on Detail Level: Medium, which we don't really use. Labels behave very poorly when a family is rotated or when they need to be moved, so we use Tags on the finished, or Sheet Views.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report