Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R-MEP 2014 Schedule Using Loop Up Table to Populate Parameters?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
abmeador
494 Views, 2 Replies

R-MEP 2014 Schedule Using Loop Up Table to Populate Parameters?

I would like to know if it is possible to do this with a Space schedule:

I have a text parameter that someone will manually type in a number/letter combination into it.

I would like the schedule to go look at an Excel spreadsheet (aka a look up table .csv file like some of the pipe fittings use) and pull information in to populate various other parameters inside of the Space schedule.

Is this even possible?

We have a room code that tells us everything that needs to happen in that room (CFM's, Air changes, etc) and there is an Excel spreadsheet that contains all of that information. Instead of us having to hand type that information in, i would like to be able to pull it directly from the spreadsheet. Also I would want the Revit Space Schedule to update whenever there were changes to the Excel spreadsheet.

Thank you to any of ya'll that take a shot at this!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abmeador
in reply to: abmeador

So I have had a suggestion on how to do this, but have not tested it yet....
The suggestion was to use Schedule Keys and then use the Add-on Tool we have for Importing/Exporting information from Excel.
In order for stuff to be imported/exported it has to have a parameter inside the model already.
I"m not sure how the information will come back in...if it will be numeric or text, I'm hoping it will be based on the definition of the parameter b/c I will probably want to do some calculations or checks with those parameters.
I've got to test it though.
Message 3 of 3
abmeador
in reply to: abmeador

So I worked out a solution, it's not smooth and it requires a little leg work, but it works for what I need.

I would love to hear of other ways that might make this easier....

Btw...no schedule keys required!
Also, watch the cell formatting, it didn't want me to bring in "+" or "EX" values on one of my columns, it had to be a numeric value.

Another note: if you happened to copy/paste info down below the info on the Space Excel sheet make sure you Deleted the info along with Clearing Cell contents and deleting those rows/columns...otherwise you will get an error when you try to bring that back into Revit.

1) Create a Room Schedule that has the Room Name, Room Number, and Room Code from the Arch's model.
      Make sure the schedule linked files is selected
2) R/Export that room schedule
3) Open that room schedule in Excel
4) I have a template in Excel that does the look up information to another tab in the worksheet, I copy paste the info from the Room Schedule I exported into this worksheet, it populates a bunch of columns
5) Use the Imaginit Tool to Create an Export template for a Space that includes the desired items such as:
       ElementID, Room Code Manual (this will bring back the Room code from the Arch's model), Code AC, etc
6) Export the Project Data from that Space Template you made in the Imaginit tool
7) Open up the Info that it exported in Excel
😎 Copy/Paste into the Space worksheet the info you gathered from the worksheet you used the Room Schedule on
9) Save the Space worksheet
10) Imaginit/Excel/Import Project Data with that Space info

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report