Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
RandMan
Message 1 of 5 (393 Views)

"No-Plot" Line Style?

393 Views, 4 Replies
10-24-2012 04:04 PM

Can I hide MEP Hidden Lines with a weight, color, or pattern override?  As far as I know, "Draw MEP Hidden Lines" is a global setting.  There should be a way to hide certain lines with some sort of view filter.  Isn't there such a thing as a line that won't plot?  I can't seem to find it, or create one. 

Valued Contributor
BCERBimMan
Message 2 of 5 (390 Views)

Re: "No-Plot" Line Style?

10-24-2012 04:32 PM in reply to: RandMan

There is an "invisible lines" within families. Lines arent included in filters. I guess you could create your own linestyle and uncheck the visibility under visibility/graphic overrides of the view and/or view template.

Jason Peckovitch
BIM Manager | Mechanical CAD Design | Father | Car/Tech Guy
BCER Engineering Inc - Denver, CO
Active Contributor
tim.winnington
Message 3 of 5 (382 Views)

10-24-2012 07:20 PM in reply to: RandMan

Detail lines are view based so you could have a working view and a plotting view.

VG to turn off or set up a View Template.

Or if you plot greyscale/colour you could try using a light grey which would be near invisible when plotted.

Personally I have avoided having unnecessary lines on drawings and on the occaation I have needed to use a detail line for such an instance I delete imediately.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 5 (362 Views)

10-25-2012 05:32 AM in reply to: RandMan

It's Revit 2013 and there is still no way to draw invisible lines in a Project or create other non-printable elements (i.e. text). Are you aiming to accomplish a specific task? There are many work-around methods at our disposal that might be of use!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
RandMan
Message 5 of 5 (351 Views)

10-25-2012 08:03 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Thanks for the respones.  My task is to make money while using the Revit platform.  I'm in the mass-production side of the business.  I need a template that can be used over and over.  I need "notes to Designer" and lines that don't plot, as tools that speed up the production process. 

I tried making my own line syle and turning it off in the view.   Why is there a "no color" button in line styles?  It just comes out black.The global setting keeps hidden lines on no matter what. 

The second screen cap is a family that has connectors under an extrusion.  I know I can just put in masking regions, but that's a hassle. Can I make the extrusion opaque, in the family editor?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.