Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No auto-route solution was found" Piping Wyes/Tees

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mclineabrahams
1727 Views, 2 Replies

"No auto-route solution was found" Piping Wyes/Tees

Recently Revit has decided it will not "auto-route" wyes, or tees when using the extend command, or dragging the cursor to branch one pipe from another. This was not always the case, and I had been trying to modify the included revit fittings, mainly try to shorten them and tighten bend radii to closer represent actual fittings. I had also tried to add custom pipe diameters, which turned out to bordering on impossible when it comes to updating look-up tables to suit. This was around the same time the wye/tee issue came up, so I'm wondering if it was to do with my attempt to modify lookup tables. However this happens regardless of whether I try to use a tampered-with fitting, or an unmolested one straight out of the Revit library. When I do try to add a wye or tee, I will either get a "no auto-route solution was found" error message, it will attempt to place an elbow in the system instead with terrifying results, or a combination of the 2. Elbows seem to insert normally for the most part. Ducting also works normally. Any suggestions would be appreciated as this has made the already tedious task of modeling sloped drain piping even more tedious.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AVysotskiy
in reply to: mclineabrahams

Hi mclineabrahams,
can you attach the file (or its part)?

Alexander Vysotskiy
CEO of Vysotskiy consulting | BIM trainer | University lecturer
Free BIM training courses (Russian only)
Facebook | VK | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3

The "no auto route" message is usually an indication that Revit can't work out the relationship between elements properly. This is often lack of space between elements for a fitting, insufficient elevation offset between elements or one type specifying a fitting while another doesn't specify or it is incompatible. Assuming the element types are configured correctly and they are the same element types my money is on insufficient space between elements to create a specified fitting.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report