Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions with IF formula

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
max.a.hollander
449 Views, 5 Replies

Questions with IF formula

Im having an issue with an if formula.

In an Fire smoke damper (it is a duct accessory) Family, i have the motor set so it can be on either side of the unit.  i have the motor set to a yes/ no parameter with a not(left side motor) formula to link the to sides of the motor.  I want to write a if formula so i can have my fsd schedule have a colunm that indicates wheather it is right or left sided for orderin purposes.   but i cannot set up the formula so that when it is marked on the left side a text would say left 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: max.a.hollander

You will have to create a Shared Parameter (Text), add it to your Family, and assign the formula:

if(right side motor, "RIGHT", "LEFT")

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
max.a.hollander
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey you are the master thank you! i was forgeting the "XXX" quotations

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

Glad I could be of assistance!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
max.a.hollander
in reply to: CoreyDaun

now i have to add an extension that if the fsd is larger then 36" with i want it to say both because the FSD would need two motors. I am novice with formulas

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

It can be set up so that that the "left side motor" is checked under certain size conditions, but the trouble you're going to run into is if the user unchecks the "right side motor" parameter when the unit is larger than 36" - there's no way to have it automatically check the box under certain conditions and then allow the user to control it under other conditions.

My recommendation is to create another Yes/No parameter to correctly control the visibility of the "right side motor" elements in the family; call it something that won't confuse another user, like "rsmvis" (so he doesn't see two controls for the right motor) and group it under Graphics or under some other group separate from the other two parameters. Set the formula for this parameter to:

= or(right side motor, fsdlength > 36")

This means that if either the user checks the box for 'right side motor' OR the unit size s greater than 36", this parameter will be "YES".

Now, revise the formula for your left size motor to:

= or(not(rsmvis), fsdlength > 36")

This means that if either the 'rsmvis' parameter is NOT "YES" OR if you length is greater than 36", the 'left side motor parameter' will be "YES".

Finally, change your text parameter to:

= if(fsdlength > 36", "BOTH", if(rsmvis, "RIGHT", "LEFT"))

This means that it first checks the size of the unit and if it's not greater than 36", it follows through and checks whether the right or left motor size is selected.

That should do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report