Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query for pipe supports or hangers in Revit Mep

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
aniket_aam
10872 Views, 23 Replies

Query for pipe supports or hangers in Revit Mep

Dear all,

I have one query about Revit Mep. How to make pipe supports or hangers in Revit Mep ?

Regards,

Aniket Manjrekar

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

You could create some generic model families to deal with this. I would also create a sub-category for the linestyles and solids to improve visiblity control in your views.

Alternatively (depending on how you are using Revit) - rather placing hundreds of hanger families you could create detail views and indicate the hangers using 2D linework.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 24

I agreed with your second option but i want to try it in Revit 3D itself. I can make it in 2D detailed view, there is no any issue.

Regards,

Aniket Manjrekar

Message 4 of 24

Then Option 1 will be the way to do it

Thank you!
Message 5 of 24

Ok.

But how to do it ? Because I am trying so hard but not getting any result finally and I can not rest support directly on pipes like any connector. Can you suggest me any idea to do it ?

Message 6 of 24

What have you done so far?

Have you created support families? If so how?

To place them you will have to place them manuallynot automatically.

Thank you!
Message 7 of 24

Yes. I am working on that, give today tomarrow i can show you what i have made.

ok.

Message 8 of 24
aniket_aam
in reply to: aniket_aam

Dear,

I have attached pipe support family image for your reference and I have taken Metric plumbing fixtures template. Now i just need to place the supports on pipes automatically with their respective sizes. Kindly help me.

Regards,

Aniket Manjrekar

Message 9 of 24
kevlar016

I also need some Pipe and Duct hangers. Where can i get a Unistrut hanger for Revit MEP? It is kinda bogus that this program doesnt have these out of the box since you need them for basically every mechanical job...

Message 10 of 24
RalphMounzer

Here is a nice Revit plugin that automaticaly distributes support elements for ducts and pipes.

http://partnerproducts.autodesk.com/popups/product.asp?rdid=GBLB1356&prodid=GBP09703&id=26794

and here is a youtube video as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4IIx8lTCv8

Hope it helps. 

Message 11 of 24
aniket_aam
in reply to: RalphMounzer

Thank you so much RalphMounzer for providing me that link. I really felt happy when i saw that link but how shall i insert BIM-ME plugins for Revit Mep Duct support in my Revit Mep 2011 version.

Regards,
Aniket Manjrekar.
Message 12 of 24
leocruz.cruz1

Roofstuff Inc is a global supplier of pipe supports and offers all sorts of sustains like pipe hangers, pipe rollers, duct supports, and many other things online. Well, Roofstuff Inc is a group of professionals as they are offering many piping equipments to contractors, architects, consultants, and building owners to propose a full line quality pipe supports to maximize the piping system.

Pipe Support

Message 13 of 24
revitapp

Another choice is a small addon for automatically layout and update for hangers, check out the detail from: SupportAndHanger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revit Applications provider[revitapp.com].
Message 14 of 24
izhar091

hi gd mr,

m new to revit mep software,

kindly guide me,when i m linking my cad file in revit,a dialoge box appear showing that,

u r dwg extends greater than 1e9 in autocad units.data exceeding that range will be truncated?

what to do knw,m using 2011 version ,help me out .

reply me soon 

Message 15 of 24
tim.winnington

Another option is

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3asysquesupport...

I have not been able to get the automation for association to slab to work correctly but have recieved a call from their support and am working through to resolve.  The hanger setout/positioning works well and they have some additional tools they are developing which look good.

This tool also is supposed to export setout points for trimble which does not appear to be operational in the test version.

Options for duct and pipe along with custom hanger families.

Message 16 of 24
izhar091
in reply to: revitapp

Hi,

still i hav'nt got any solution regarding my yesterdays fwded msg,

waiting kindly reply me as soon as posible.

Message 17 of 24
Sandleaz

How to make pipe supports or hangers in Revit Mep?

There are many (infinite) ways of creating them.  I would start by going to a hanger manufacturer's website, finding your preferred hangers in their catalog, and creating them in REVIT {Big Purple R (top left corner) ---> new --> family}.  I would categorize it as a pipe accessory.  I'd figure out the dimensions I need (make parameters out of them) to create the hanger and for it to be flexible for my liking.  If you're a beginner, I'd sketch it + the dimensions w/formulas on paper.  After I get my important parameters (I'll add more later if I need to), I would throw a whole bunch of reference planes and associate them with the parameters I created.  Then I create all the solid and void forms I need, constraining them as necessary to the parameters, reference planes, etc... After that, I would create multiple types, one for each pipe size (the parameters I created in the beginning I knew that they either had to be an instance or type parameter --- however I start out with one type) and fill out appropriate values for each type.  I then go through all the types and make sure REVIT can create each type.  If I need to bring other families into this hanger family, I would do that as well (I have my generic nuts and bolts as their own families) --- I'd create the controlling parameters within my hanger family that would control the nested parameters of families that are brought in.  I have pictures of a couple examples attached.  Remember that REVIT does not like certain ways of constraining certain things, so if one way isn't working out, try something else --- this applies to more complex geometries more than simple geometries.  

I also need some Pipe and Duct hangers. Where can i get a Unistrut hanger for Revit MEP? It is kinda bogus that this program doesnt have these out of the box since you need them for basically every mechanical job...

Kevlar016 ... you understand that the good folks at autodesk aren't going to create everything for you, especially something like hangers and supports --- there are too many different kinds.  Besides, I bet you'd make them better anyways.  

Clevis Hanger Front View.jpg

Clevis Hanger Isometric View.jpg

Split Clamp Hanger Front View.jpg

Split Clamp Hanger Isometric View.jpg

Message 18 of 24
revitapp
in reply to: Sandleaz

These hangers are fantastic, very impressive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YeahSo Hanger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revit Applications provider[revitapp.com].
Message 19 of 24
Sandleaz
in reply to: revitapp

Thanks revitapp.  

Message 20 of 24
OmerSubzwari
in reply to: Sandleaz

Hi Bro..

If it is possible for you to mail me pipe hanger or support family. My email adress is remorock96@gmail.com. Mostly revit mep family google can't find properly speacialy plumbing. once upone a time i try to make revit family,i make it but it was not worked properly in plane so thats way i just requesting you to please mail me hangers family or support family.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report