Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Error in Panelboards.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
160 Views, 2 Replies

Program Error in Panelboards.

Has anyone else noticed that the panelboards don't work, other that the obvious draw backs. I noticed last month that they were not filling in the space name and number on the panelboards in the Location box on the last project we did. When I called for some technical support it had never been brought to their attention that the panels were not filling in this information. Over 10 months of a product release and nobody called on this?. The panel Location is a embedded parameter so it can not be overridden. The Tech guy at The CAD Store called Autodesk since he had not known any thing about this and this is what they explained was the problem. Apparently in Revit MEP 2008 the panels locate themselves based on Room information. When Revit MEP 2009 was released the panels were still looking for Room information. Revit MEP 2009 introduced Spaces and does not use Room information (you have to download a external tool to coordinate this information). The panels are unable to access Room information through linked files. So on your panelboards where it is supposed to define location it is looking for Room information and there is only Space information available so it remains blank and can not be type in with override information. Here is the kicker, Autodesk knew about the error and said that they might get around to fixing it. MIGHT? really?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bcaudill
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the heads up. We've typically been working in Full AMEP models thus far so have not seen this issue. But, we plan on breaking out models and linking in the arch, so we probably will encounter this.

My question to you is....to what capacity are you even using these panelboards? To us, they are completely useless and have only used them as a full load cross check with our 3rd party application.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When I contacted the Subscription center for help on this problem this is what the response was, buckle up!

Dear Jarom,

This is an update to your Support Request. Our development team has fixed the issue with the panel schedule not reporting it's location in:

This major release of Revit MEP 2010 English. The specific release date is unknown, so please use the timing of previous release cycles as a guideline.

Please note: Our quality assurance teams may need to reschedule some fixes. Please rely on the above timeline information as a guideline only and not a guarantee. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

How do you like that? Basically put, yes we fixed it on the new program, but since you are using the old version too bad, sucks to be you. by the way not sure when you will be getting the new version that you are paying thousands for, so if you have a really important client with a high profile project you will either have to tell them the project will have to wait till you get new software or do without the require information on your drawings.

Sorry I sound so cynical but here is the support we have all been patiently waiting for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report