Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with wiring a switch to lights

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pokaphace
1053 Views, 1 Reply

Problems with wiring a switch to lights

I am new to Revit and I am adding lighting systems to a home. I have my lights powered and going to a panel as well as associated with a switch. The switch is currently unnamed when I look at the system selector. How do I add it to a circuit? When I click a light and then click the Switch Systems tab, it shows that the light is associated with the switch.

I want to make sure that the wire length is properly accounted for in the Electrical Circuits Schedule. Currently in the schedule, the Circuit Number says <unnamed> and the circuit Length says Not Computed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: pokaphace

The Switch System is completely separate from the Electrical Circuit. In order to connect the switch, hover the cursor over one of your connected light fixtures, press Tab until the Electrical Circuit becomes highlighted, left-click to select it, click "Edit Circuit" on the Ribbon, then select the switch.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report