Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems transforming architectural project into MEP project

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Frazz1983
226 Views, 1 Reply

Problems transforming architectural project into MEP project

Hi 

Im new to using the MEP side of Revit and am encountering problems with a project i am working on.

I am about to begin the process of adding plumbing to the project. The problem i have is when i open a new MEP project in Revit i then insert the revit link of my project which was done in architectural.

When this is loaded it doesnt allow me too select any individual components like the sinks or w/c's as it all seems too be one drawing. ( Need to be able to select these so i can connect to them)

Is there anyway too kind of explode it like in CAD??
Any Help is appreciated

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Frazz1983

It depends how and with who you are working with. There are everal routes that can be taken.

1) Remove the toilets and such items from the architecural project and place them in th MEP project.

2) Use some face based components in your MEP file and connect them to the linked model.

3) Use copy/monitor (under collaborate tab) to copy/monitor items from the Architectural file to the MEP file,

4)...?

All these methods have their (dis)advantages. It also depends on your agreements with other partners and on your requirements for modelling/calculations.

1 might not be possible due to agreements witth team members.

2 Items will not follow changes in linked model and might not give proper results for calculations.

3 Is a bit more complicated and needs coordination with different team members and gets more complicated when lots of changes (still) take place in linked model.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report