Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Tempaltes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
as123dfg
257 Views, 5 Replies

problem with Tempaltes

I have problem if i try to draw pipes in architectural tempalte. Is it possible to do it? If i draw in mechanical template there is no problem. If we can't create pipes in architectural, I can understand this. But, I am working in mechanical template and I have a revit link with architectural template as a backround. In the end, we were trying to join this two files. We tryied to copy installations from mechacical to architectural project, but program does not see pipes. What is the problem? 

greetings 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: as123dfg

The Pipes Types are not set up in the Architectural Project Template - they have no Routing Preference established like the MEP Template does, so you can draw straight segments of Pipe, but it cannot automatically place Fittings. The best way to fix this is to open a new Project using the Mechanical Template, and use the Transfer Project Standards to Pipe Segments, Pipe Settings, and Piping System Types.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
as123dfg
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank You for reply. I have done this transfer, but I still can't connect pipes. There is something more, what should I do? 

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

What kind of error are you receiving?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
as123dfg
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Error wchich I receive: 

"The routing solution failed because is no default fitting type specified or the fitting cannot be found in the project. Ensure the fitting is loaded in the project and try again."

I checked, fittings are loaded. 

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

The are not Routing Preferences established for that particular Pipe Type. The settings in this dialog control which fittings that Revit will use by default.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report