Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Autodesk 360 and Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
patryk.halczak
366 Views, 1 Reply

Problem With Autodesk 360 and Revit

Hello,

Please see conversation with Autodesk representative, it describes problem I am having with access to 360 service required to complete BPAC Course I have enrolled on and stuck on the practical part that require access to certain services. Please help as the course is very important to me, would like to use revit for my coursework this year and BPAC seems to be very relevant qualification for it.

ORIGINAL DIALOG(S):

Sheetal, Sep 26 05:37:

Hello from Autodesk!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

This helpline is setup only to answer the questions pertaining to the Education Community website and not product functionality/compatibility questions.

Product functionality and compatibility questions can be posted on our discussion groups. These discussion groups are monitored by Autodesk Experts and they would be able to respond with precise information.

Please post the same question at our discussion forums for a response from our experts -

Discussion Groups http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit/ct-p/2003

Thank you and have a nice day!

---------------------------

Hello again Patryk,

When you say you logged in, with new credentials, I assume you did that towards the upper right hand of the screen where is says your name. Correct? If so uninstalling and installing a license that has not expired may not be a bad bet. I would also encourage you to file a student help request here https://autodesk.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new . Unfortunately trouble shooting is not my specialty so I am not convinced I am the best person to help you. Hence why submitting an official help request may be more efficient.

Hope that helps,

Dustin

To: Dustin Altschul (Intern) Subject: RE: 360 access for BPAC student course

Hi Dustin,

I have followed the steps, installed missing software (Flow design), created new student account and after logging in to Autodesk 360 with new credentials I get this:

Revit error.jpg

I have perpetual student licence I purchased last year for Building Design Suite Ultimate. Would this work if I downloaded Revit again with 3 year free student licence? I would prefer not to install another instance of Revit if possible as this works ok and I have limited space on hard drive. Please let me know your thoughts.

To: Patryk Subject: RE: 360 access for BPAC student course

Hello Patryk:

All Autodesk software is free to college students, instructions are here http://sustainabilityworkshop.autodesk.com/downloading-autodesk-software . Once you create a student account it serves as your 360 account login. And yes is completely free to you as a college student.

Hope that helps,

Dustin

To: bpac Subject: 360 access for BPAC student course

Hello,

I am university student and enrolled on BPAC course. Unfortunately I cannot complete module due to no access to Autodesk 360, I have purchased student licence for Revit 2014 last year and I am not subscriber of Autodesk Subscription. I only started learning Revit properly in last few weeks with help of Paul Aubin books (they are great).

Modelling software become more relevant to my studies this year (3rd year at university), this is why I did not make any progress earlier. I believe I have had some time limited access to Autodesk 360 when I purchased the student licence, however I have not been using the software till now so any access obviously expired if ever was in place.

At the end of the first module there is a practical exercise with the software and it requires access to Autodesk 360. Could you provide me information how to gain access to it to be able to complete the course?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ruggs37
in reply to: patryk.halczak

Perhaps this thread will be helpful:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/green-building-studio/expired-subscriptio-but-valid-education-license/...

It could very well be that you will need someone to step in and do a manual override as was done in the GBS Issue.

Best

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report