Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem copying pipes in Revit MEP 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
HZISEP
583 Views, 3 Replies

Problem copying pipes in Revit MEP 2012

I have been piping up fixtures. I have sanitary sewer, domestic hot water, domestic cold water and vent. When I copy all of this piping to a similar fixture, all the pipe is put on whatever workset I am in. Isn't there a way to copy all of these sytems at once and have them not change what workset they are on? It srews up everything and wastes much time putting everything back on the correct worksets.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TonyVav
in reply to: HZISEP

It sounds like you have each system on individal worksets. If so you should copy each workset individually. OR put them all on one (Plumbing) workset and use filters to separate them (which is the prefered way):smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: HZISEP

When elements get pasted, they are pasted to the active workset. So, if you have copied elements that are on different worksets, then pasting them, all of the elements will now be on the active workset.

The workaround is to make sure the elements selected are on the same workset, and that the desired workset is the active one when pasting the elements.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 4 of 4
HZISEP
in reply to: TonyVav

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report