Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelms creating ductwork systems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
james
484 Views, 1 Reply

Probelms creating ductwork systems

I am currently working on a project that requires the services modelling for the ductwork supply & extract. I have got previous experience using Revit MEP in a basic form but feel completely out of my depth in Revit 2013. When I add a duct from the Systems tab, I set the justification to top & model a 300x300 duct, this alters to a 200x200 duct, I have kept the offset height the same as I would like the top of the ducting to be flush. When I finish the run & view in section, the 2 ducts & the taper fitting are NOT flush, the duct has been drawn sloping. I am unable to align the levels of the ducts & I cannot manipulate the taper to be flush at the top & reduce at the bottom. Is there a quick way of getting the ducts to be drawn flush & modifying the taper fitting?

Also once I have added a run of ductwork which should all be in one system, you hover over the run and tab to select the system but it has created 4 or 5 systems when it should only be one. Everything that I do in this version seems to be wrong, we are now actually wondering if we have made an error with either the template we are using or if the families loaded into the template are the wrong ones. We came across some other help on this forum that discussed adding a 2007 family so we tried that to see if it was any help and that family behaved as it should by attaching automatically to the duct etc. If anyone could shed any light onto what we are doing wrong it would be very much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: james

To get a better idea of what you are seeing, please post a small test file showing the behavior.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report