Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing and display problems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lfazio
253 Views, 7 Replies

Printing and display problems

I am having a problem where many lines are not showing. It happens with the thick lines are enabled around pipe elbows and accesories. This has seemed to recently changed. Please see attached file.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dennis
in reply to: lfazio

That is interesting, i haven't seen this before now. My thoughts would be to try a few workarounds/troubleshooting steps to determine where the problem may be.
1) Update graphics drivers. This may sound odd, but I have seen that fix problems.
2) Update print drivers.
3) Create a PDF,DWF and see if you get the same results. Oddly again, I have seen different results going to these two formats.
4) Within Revit's setup for mechanical, you have a 'gapping' setting. Try setting that to zero and test the results.

Keep us posted on what you find.
Message 3 of 8
lfazio

No go

1 & 2. At our company, it would be nearly impossible to get the computer peop. to up date these drivers. I have asked them if anything had been changed recently with them, and they said no. The drivers should be current.

3. Both PDF and DWF printed the same. As with the screen display.

4. Putting the gap size to zero gets rid of the unitended gaps, but then, of course, there is no gap at crossing lines where they should be.

Has this always work this way?

New image attached
Message 4 of 8
Jarom05

We have notice that we also have printing issues. Revit seems to shift symbols while printing. For instance we may have a conduit cap at at the end of a line. It is centered on the computer model but when printing it will shift. We have also noticed that the are shifts all the way through a drawing. Like the drum on the plotter is not right, but it only does it with Revit drawings not the AutoCAD drawings. So this a Revit problem. It the printing is also inconsistent to. some times the prints look good, sometimes the look terrible. Enough that our checkers continue to redline area that need no change on the computer but just do not print correctly. Has anyone else noticed this? Edited by: Jarom05 on Apr 15, 2009 7:46 AM
Message 5 of 8
aschrader

The gap setting has always been screwy. It does not really work properly from my point of view. I tell my people here that they need to look differently at the drawings. Since Revit shows all fittings if there is no fitting then they are not connected and the height of the pipe really doesn't matter because it does not mean they will install that way in the field. I use the default gap size to make my life easier.

Good Luck.
Message 6 of 8
lfazio

Thanks for letting me know this has always been a problem. Autodesk's recommendation was to set it to "zero". Isn't that something
Message 7 of 8
aschrader

The other suggestion I have is to push your pipes around to make them more legible. Remembering that you are showing design intent not actual construction. It was a hard to get people here to take that approach but it works now. It will make your drawings more clear.

Have fun.
Message 8 of 8
aschrader

The other suggestion I have is to push your pipes around to make them more legible. Remembering that you are showing design intent not actual construction. It was a hard to get people here to take that approach but it works now. It will make your drawings more clear.

Have fun.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report