Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Settings – Architects not happy!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CADArmor
484 Views, 3 Replies

Print Settings – Architects not happy!

The problem is that when the architects print their drawings some of our text within our annotations turns out to be yellow. Please see image 001 attached. It is actually yellow within the family but when we print our drawings it turns out to be black. We simply use Print Setting – Appearance – High – Black Lines. If we change Black lines to Colour then our drawings become a rainbow.  I don’t understand why when the architects print their drawings only the text appears as yellow but everything else black.  Can someone please tell me why when they print their drawings the text appears as yellow but everything else black?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

What settings are the architect using to plot with?

Are they linking you model into theirs and then printing from their model? If so there could have some annotation subcategory overlap causing the problem.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

Yes they are linking our drawing into their architectural model. But I don’t know what settings they are using. I was just wondering if they can fix it themselves. Unfortunately they want us to change the colour to black but this involves a lot of work because there is more than one building.  I mean if they can print it using settings black lines there won’t be a problem.

Message 4 of 4

They should be able to by either checking that they do not have a sub category in their project that matches the sub-category in your family or they can use graphical over-rides on your linked file in the views that these symbols are causing problems in. This can be done by a simple view template.

They can't expect you to change something just to suit them because they can't work out how to resolve the issue. This is just a minor issue but what if it was something that had a major impact on your workflow/processes - would they expedct you to change that also to suit their way of working?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report