Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing System Copy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ToddKubicek
538 Views, 5 Replies

Plumbing System Copy

Greetings;

I am trying to copy a plumbing system consisting of water closets, urinals, and sinks and Revit gives me the following error:

"Can't move these elements at the same time. One of them is restricted to moving in one direction while the other is restricted to moving in a conflicting direction."

I am trying to copy and paste this system into identical restroom locations. Any help is greately appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I've seen this issue too, but haven't been able to isolate the cause (or even find a reliable repeatable case)... please contact product support, and please provide the dataset.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
ToddKubicek
in reply to: ToddKubicek

What is the best way to contact product support and send the dataset?
Message 4 of 6

Help menu -> Create Support Request.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
ToddKubicek

Thanks for the help!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I have had similar problems, and currently have a support request open (1-2558535661) that was submitted on 10/12/2007, so it
appears that it is a difficult problem to resolve.

One suggestion: to make a repeatable instance, just mock up an island vent, where the vent pipe comes up vertically, then uses 45
deg/90 deg/45 deg pipe and fittings to go back down vertically. This arrangement is always unmovable in either the "x" or "y"
direction, depending on the orientation of the angled pipes. To sum it up, if the pipes are drawn in the "x" direction, they won't
move in the "x" direction, but will move in the "y" direction.

I also had trouble mirroring pipes from one unit to another, but found that if you group them first you will have much better luck.

John

wrote in message news:5981850@discussion.autodesk.com...
I've seen this issue too, but haven't been able to isolate the cause (or even find a reliable repeatable case)... please contact
product support, and please provide the dataset.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report