Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing Pipes Over cut Plane in Dotted line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
vdes
1799 Views, 4 Replies

Plumbing Pipes Over cut Plane in Dotted line

While making the plumbing layout i want the pipes above the cut plane to be visible as dotted line in my floor plan level. How do i do that?

Any suggestion is appericiated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: vdes

I don't think that there is a direct, easy way to accomplish that. The best solution I can immediately think of would be:

1. Create a Project Parameter named "Above Cut Plane" or whatever as a yes/no type, and have it apply to applicable categories (i.e. Piping).
  2. Create a Filter named "Piping Above Cut Plane" or something, have it apply to the same categories as step one, and set the lines override to hidden or whatever you wish.
  3. Select all of the piping that would be above the cut plane and check the box for the parameter created in step one. Duplicate the view and change the View Range to show only the elements above the cut plane (Set the Primary Range Bottom and the View Depth to the same elevation as the Cut Plane) and select all applicable elements. After you check the box, you can delete the view if you want to.

**Let me know if you have any trouble with any of these steps.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
vdes
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the post..

Not able to get all steps completely...

pls find the attched file n correct me if i have put in things as required....

nothing seen in my file as for step 3 for checking the box.....

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: vdes

For step one, the Type of Parameter is incorrect. This field dictates what format of data the parameter uses such as length, voltage, an integer, etc.  In this case, you'll need to set this parameter to "Yes/No" in order to create a checkbox option in the pipes and related families. Note that you cannot change the Type of Parameter after the parameter has been created, so you will have to delete it and make it again. Step two looked OK and it will work once step one is corrected.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
vdes
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks a lot for ur post...

Ur detailed description realy helped solve my issue...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report