Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing offsets

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MaesHughes
245 Views, 4 Replies

Plumbing offsets

I'm trying to route a sanitary branch off an existing main but none of the auto routing solutions are acceptable. If I try to draw straight from the sloped main, the piping rises to whatever offset is selected. Since the pipe is sloped, it's difficult to tell the exact height at the desired connection point. I can get away with eyeballing heights in section views but this is time consuming. It's getting a bit exasperating. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lfazio
in reply to: MaesHughes

We've decided that those auto routing solutions will probably never work for what you need, so we probably will never use them. It seems only good for small area, text book situations. At the most. It never really looked like any plumbing system anyway.
Message 3 of 5
CADMunkee

Can't you draw it from the point of connection backwards to the source, rather than direction of flow? Set your slope in the positive, rather than negative. So really you'd be drawing rising 1/8" per foot, instead of dropping
Message 4 of 5
MaesHughes

That's what I'm doing. Drawing straight from the poc, the pipe jumps to the offset value. I've been taking the results from the first stab to make a guess at an offset that will look better.
Message 5 of 5
lfazio

Can you use snap override, nearest, to get to that pipe elevation and set the slope you want to use. In my first week of using this, I am drawing it w/o slope.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report