Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing fixture: odd angles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
revitese
603 Views, 1 Reply

Plumbing fixture: odd angles

We have simple families to represent various plumbing fixtures. They are made up of a few cylindrical extrusions that host pipe connectors. For whatever reason, the extrusions are all on tiny angles (such as 0.001 degrees) and this is causing Revit to have issues. I tried rotating them, but it doesn't work for the smaller angles. I have tried to redraw the extrusions, but they somehow end up at a slight tilt as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Revit 2014
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SteveKStafford
in reply to: revitese

What workplane do the extrusions reference? Has that workplane been rotated at some point? You may need to rotate it by a large value, say 5-10 degrees in order to get to rotate it back "flat". Alternatively you might be able to use Edit Work Plane and reassociate them with a new Reference Plane. If the angle difference is tiny it might work, but usually Reference Planes must be truly parallel to reassociate things to another Reference Plane.

If you can upload a copy of the family, it would help to take a look at the family itself.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report