Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing Fixture in 3D View - Generic Model in Plan View

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
althrash3
1444 Views, 4 Replies

Plumbing Fixture in 3D View - Generic Model in Plan View

I've loaded a water closet into my project from Zurn's website. I've inserted it just fine. However, it is in Plumbing Fixture category in the 3D view and Generic Model in the plan view. I have no idea how it is even possible for the same single fixture to be categorized differently inside two different views. I really need this to be in Plumbing Fixture category everywhere. I've edited the family and clicked Family Category and Parameters - it says it's in Plumbing Fixture Category. But if I simply click the fixture inside the family, the properties pallett calls it a Generic Model. I am so confused! I'd really like to use this water closet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: althrash3

It's not possible for a family to belong to two categories like that. To verify that it is the same family, delete it in plan view and the see if the one you were looking as is also gone. Also, if you open the plan view "Generic Model" family for editing, what category does it belong to then?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
althrash3

I know that it doesn't make sense. I've only inserted one toilet into the project. I'm comparing the same toilet in the different views. My colors are set for Generic Model to be green and Plumbing Fixture to be magenta. When I look at the toilet in the plan view it is green and the exact same toilet is majenta in the 3D view. If I turn off generic model in VG it goes away in the plan view. If I turn off generic model in the 3D view it is still there. If I edit the family, and simply click on the toilet - it tells me in the properties it is a generic model. If I edit the family and click the Categories and Paramaters button - it tells me it is a plumbing fixture.

I'm wondering if the creator of the family messed it up somehow.

If anybody has any extra 5 minutes sometime, maybe someone else could try to load it from Zurn's website and see if I'm going crazy....

http://www.zurn.com/Models/FixturesBimMenu2.asp - I've been trying the Z5655-BWL

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

OK, this is a simple issue now. The main Family is indeed a Plumbing Fixture. The actual fixture is another imported family which is a Generic Model. If you want to make the whole thing into a Plumbing Fixture, edit the family, and the edit the embedded family. Change the Family Category to Plumbing Fixtures and click 'Load into Project' and select the main family. Then click 'Load into Project' again, and choose your Project.

The reason for the difference in appearance: The Generic Model is set to only display in 3D, and their are Annotation Lines in the Plumbing Fixture to represent it in 2D.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
althrash3
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes! That is so simple now. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report