Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing defaults - Tees?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ken
Enthusiast
230 Views, 3 Replies

Plumbing defaults - Tees?

I am a newbie to Revit and loving every minute of it. Now that said I have a plumbing designer who is trying to draw his sanitary piping but it keeps placing tees for connection and he wants wyes. Is there somewhere that we can set it as default to place in wyes?

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
margaretwiggins
in reply to: ken

In the project browser scroll down until you see families, expand the families, find pipes, expand that, expand pipe types. highlight the pipe type and right click...properties and set what you want there.
HTH
Message 3 of 4
rayarmstrong

If you can copy and paste with wyes in your system let me know. I cant seem to do this without the wyes disconnecting every time I paste a riser. I have a post on this forum labeled "Bathroom riser", if you have the time?
Message 4 of 4
kap_78

I tried to create a new pipe type for sanitary system but the properties of the pipe doesn't have any parameter for 'wye'. it has for tees, tap, cross etc except Wye. and I can't see any Wye fitting under the tees or taps.

So I took the Wye family and changed it to a Tee fitting type under Family Category and Parameters and then I was able to select this family as a Tee fitting for my pipe type. Is this the correct way of doing it now or there's a better way than trying to 'fool' revit.
Thanks.

PS: I have the same question @ http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=100823

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report