Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plenum Visibilty

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arubus1977
365 Views, 3 Replies

Plenum Visibilty

I am trying to add plenum spaces to a building model but I am having difficulty in viewing the plenum spaces.

I have created a plenum level and an associated floor plan. When i place the space i get the error message 'none of the created elements are visible in floor plan.....'.

I have set the view range of the plenum floor plan according to the Revit wiki help:

In the View Range dialog, do the following:

• For Top, select the Level Above, and enter 0' 0" (0.00 mm) for Offset.
  • For Cut plane, verify that the Associated Level is selected, and enter 0' 6" (150 mm) for Offset.
  • For Bottom, verify that the Associated level is selected, and that a 0' 0" (0.00 mm) Offset is specified.
  • For View Depth Level, verify that the Associated level is selected, and that a 0' 0" (0.00 mm) Offset is specified.

but cannot find the following:

• Enter VG on the keyboard.
  • On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility Graphics dialog, scroll down to Spaces.
  • Expand Spaces, select Interior and Reference (if you want to display reference crosshairs), and click OK.

as i cannot expand spaces in revit mep visibility graphics dialog, is this the problem?

Does anyone know how to view the plenum spaces so i can view them in both a plan and section view?

Thankyou.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: arubus1977

By hitting "V" and then "G" (no enter or spacebar), it should bring up Visibility/Graphics Overrides. Alternatively, you can find it on the View tab. (Actually double-tapping "V" will bring this up, too.)

VisibilityGraphicsRobbon.JPG

In this dialog, click on the plus symbol to the left of the Spaces Category to expand it.

VisibilityGraphicsSpaces.JPG

The Spaces will appear in Plan Views as long as the Cut Plane (under View Range) cuts through the Space. The Spaces will be visible in Section Views as long as the Section cuts through the Space. Just let us know if you encounter any more trouble.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
arubus1977
in reply to: CoreyDaun

My confusion came because in my visibility/graphics dialog the small plus symbols were missing to allow you to expand categories, a restart of both Revit and my machine have resolved this. However, I still cannot view plenum spaces? I have created a plenum level, set visibility/graphics to display color fill, interior and reference in the view and set the view range to cut the plenum space. View range settings are as follows:

Top - Level above, offset 0

Cut Plane (Greyed out) is associated level(plenum level), offset 150mm

Bottom - Associated level(plenum level), offset 0

View depth - Assocaited level(plenum level), offset 0

but I still cannot view the plenum spaces in the plenum plan view? Any ideas to what i could have missed?

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: arubus1977

Cut a Section View through the plenum space to verify that it is actually there and where it's supposed to be.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report