Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan update doesn't work when level added in elev

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
amg.monaco
555 Views, 3 Replies

plan update doesn't work when level added in elev

After modified template, plans doesn't update it self by copy Levels in elevation

usually when make a level, automaticly add a plans . .

but the system seems broken. . .

what was worng ?

i added all template pipe, mech, elec . . .

usually when make a level, automaticly add a plans . .

but the system seems broken. . .

what was worng ?

i added all template pipe, mech, elec . . .plan update.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
amg.monaco
in reply to: amg.monaco

i mean after add plan there is no links to adjust view range . . .
Message 3 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: amg.monaco

Revit does not automatically add new views when adding a new level. You have to create these views by using "Plan views" as in the screenshot.

The level in black is a new one without views attached (therefore black).

Of course you can do this in your template so you will not have to repeat this with every new project

Levels.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 4
SteveKStafford
in reply to: L.Maas

To tag on the previous reply...

If you copy a level you don't get views created too.

If you create a level with the Level tool then ordinarily you'll get at least a floor plan view and in some cases a floor, ceiling and structural plan view. It comes down to the Option Bar while the Level tool is active. There is a check box for Make Plan Views and a button for Plan View Types. These determine if a corresponding view will be created too.

If you un-check the Make Plan View option then no views will be created. Likewise if you leave it checked but then deselect each of the views listed in the Plan View Types dialog no views will be created.

The level annotation is blue when at least one view exists and is associated with that level. The annotation is black (or white against the black background) when the level does not have any views associated with it.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report