Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Region Visibility Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
551 Views, 5 Replies

Plan Region Visibility Error

I'm working in Revit MEP 2010. I got various floor and ceiling heights that I want to show on one sheet, so I'm making a plan region to change the view range in the area that's different. For some reason the plan region is only changing the visibility for the linked architectural and structural models and isn't affecting the elements in my model. So when I change the visibility, it's cutting off ducts and pipes in the plan region area that should be showing up (in the plan region view range, but out of the overall view range). When I adjust the view range for the entire view (not the plan region) it's affecting the elements in the plan region. Does anyone know what's going on here? Am I doing something wrong or is this just a bug in the program? Shouldn't the area within the plan region act entirely separate from the overall view range for the view? Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone got any ideas to fix it? Gettin' frustrated.

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a known issue. It just doesn't work.
Plan regions were originally more specific to Architectural models.
There was a fix in update 1 build 20090612_2115.
If I remember right, I think it worked correrctly for a short time until the release of the next update.
Anyway.
You'll have to come up with other work arounds to acheive your view results.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks.

Wow, that's rough, though.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

So that build fix is only for the 2009 version, right? I'm outta luck on the 2010 version? Any chance they might fix this within 3 months so I don't have to redo all my sheets by the time I need to submit? Probably not. Ugh.
Message 5 of 6
edk800f1

So, this still doesn't work correctly (actually doesn't appear to work AT ALL) in MEP10.
Did they get it fixed for MEP11?
thanks
Ed
MSKTD & Associates
Message 6 of 6
RevitGarage

Here is a workaround. I haven't tried it yet.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=118303

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report