Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan notes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
559 Views, 6 Replies

Plan notes

I'm trying to figure out how to create plan note call outs in revit. In AutoCAD we had a list of notes on the drawing, numbered consecutively (using a square symbol with number inside). Then on the plan, we'd call out items with the cooresponding plan note symbol. In Revit, it seems that all the tags are associated with objects. Is there anyway to make a generic tag with an editable label? Basically, I want to be able to place the tag anywhere on the drawing, then change the label to the appropriate number. In other words, I want the tag to be like a block with an attribute like in AutoCAD.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is an example of the notes on the plan......
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Use Keynotes, with the User option, and Keynote Legends using the "By Sheet"
option rahter than the By Project option.

Keynotes>User allows you to create a note that is not assocaited with the
properties of the object. You will need to edit the Keynotes.txt file using
notepad to include the text you would like to see. Make a new Keynote Tag
family that is the square symbol you would like to see.

See Keynotes in Help for more information.

HTH...

wrote in message news:5428952@discussion.autodesk.com...
Here is an example of the notes on the plan......
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks! I thought that might be the answer but wanted to make sure.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Another way to do this is creating a symbol. then you can insert the symbol in your drawing and edit the text string like an attribute in autocad. i've created one it works well. Keynoting can get involved.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Yeah, I'm not sure keynotes would be the best thing to use for that application. I created a symbol like you suggested and that seems to work better. This is all new to me so I guess I'll just try different things and see what works.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Keynotes seem to be a little goofy right now, especially with multiple users like at most MEP firms. I have found you can get the same result from a symbol. The only downside is it isn't hosted so you have to move it if the object you are pointing at moves. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to put the symbol in the note table so it looks like jayspot's "Floor Plan Notes" image. That is how our firm shows it as well except we use a hex symbol.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report