Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing lights on a slab ceiling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aacorley
1837 Views, 3 Replies

Placing lights on a slab ceiling

Is there a way to get Revit to use the bottom of the slab of the floor above as the ceiling for the room on the floor below?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
aacorley
in reply to: aacorley

Okay here's some more information and it gets kind of weird.

When I create an ACT ceiling and add lights, they come in right side up.

When I create a generic ceiling with concrete as the material type and add lights, they come in upside down.

When I create an ACT ceiling, add lights and then change the ceiling properties to generic with concrete material, the lights come in right side up and stay right side up.

Any ideas what's going on? I'd rather not have to keep changing ceiling types but it's not that bad of a workaround

Using Revit MEP 2009.
Message 3 of 4
bcaudill

A few things to check.

Make sure when your placing lighting, your underlay orientation of your view is set to RCP or, it will view it upside down. These are "Reflected" plans, so REVIT looks from the ground up.

When hosting to slab, you have (2) options.
(1) You could use reference planes. Keep in mind though, that if you do, things will come in upside down again. I have set mine in the past to 1/4" below the deck. You will need a reference plane for every change in ceiling height change.
(2) and most practical, have the architects put ceilings in ALL rooms and spaces. Even if it's an 1/8" ceiling with no pattern. Lighting needs a hosting element, so someone must provide it. (This will also apply to exterior canopy's).

HTH,
~BMC
Message 4 of 4
aacorley

Good call. Some of my ceiling plans were not set to reflected ceiling plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report