Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing lighting fixture?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jolieame
2096 Views, 7 Replies

Placing lighting fixture?

When I put lighting fixture in the room, I need measure the length and width of the room, and calculate the distance between each lighting and the distance between lighting with the wall…so can put lights evenly corresponding to the luminaries spacing criterion.

Could I just roughly put fixed number of lights in the room, the distances between them will not calculated by myself, does revit can automatically adjust the layout evenly for this?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AnmarieJames8335
in reply to: jolieame

To my knowledge, Revit will not evenly space your light fixtures for you. The dimensions between the fixtures themselves and between a row of fixtures and a wall will depend on the size and footcandle output of each fixture, as well as the desired/required total footcandles for the room.

The easiest way I have found so far is to place one light fixture in a room and use temporary dimensions and/or the Measure Between Two References tool to locate it correctly. Then, copy this light fixture (you can specify an exact dimension) as many times as necessary to create a row or column of lights. Finally, copy that whole row or column as many times as necessary to create the remaining lights.  You can go back and change the type of any light to emergency or nightlight fixtures afterward.

Message 3 of 8
jolieame
in reply to: AnmarieJames8335

Thank you AnmarieJames8335!

Message 4 of 8
m.voss.alvine

i made this to do this exact task.  give it a try.  drop it in your room and use the grips to stretch the sides to the walls.  you specify what kind of layout you want, 2 rows by 4 rows, etc.  

Revit MEP 2015 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional

remember to 'accept as solution' if this helped
Tags (2)
Message 5 of 8
bsammis

We use ElumTools for lighting analysis. The software comes with a layout assistant function that will space fixture based on your .ies file and desired fc level in the space. You'll probably still have to tweak the positioning a bit once it's done to fit into ceiling grids or whatever, but it can pretty helpful.
Message 6 of 8
fabiosato

Hello,

Creating some lines between the luminaries rows, you can use equality dimensions. It is not the best solution, just an option, if you need to insert rows and lines you will need to adjust the dimension setting. To avoid some errors, create a equality dimension for each row and line.

Luminarias.png

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
ehabjoin
in reply to: m.voss.alvine

thank you mvoss for this family it does not only help  placing the light fixture but also help and ac layout etc thanks again

Message 8 of 8
ehabjoin

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report