Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing diffusers, ceiling mounted HVAC units, exhaust fans....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Revitnewbie42
1769 Views, 3 Replies

Placing diffusers, ceiling mounted HVAC units, exhaust fans....

I have been placing these items in my project in the main floor plan.  One of my vendor supplied diffuser familes is telling me it can't find the appropriate host.  Has anyone seen this warning?  Should I be placing diffusers in my ceiling plan?  Also, when placing the ceiling mounted HVAC units, should I be placing them at the ceiling height, or a few inches off?  Same question for exhaust fans.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
travis
in reply to: Revitnewbie42

I always us my ceiling plan for laying out diffuser and fans.  I have found in the past that if you dont 80% of what is in ends up on the floor.  Unless you want to use reference planes.  As far as the ceiling mounted HVAC units it might depend on what it is for.  If they are are the ceiling 4 way cassettes then they should be in the ceiling.

Message 3 of 4
Revitnewbie42
in reply to: travis

That's what I was kind of thinking.  That being said, what about ductwork?  Will you have all the components located in the ceiling plan, and the ductwork on the floor plan?  How does this affect any drawings you may create?

Message 4 of 4
travis
in reply to: Revitnewbie42

With the ductwork after I get done putting the diffusers in the ceiling plan I just go to a floor plan for that floor and start putting it in there.  I do it that way because if you are in hidden modein the ceiling you cant see the ductwork well unless you really start messing with the view range.  Which I really dont care for.  Plus if you are in ceiling plan you dont get the inherit size or the inherit elevation icons to come up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report