Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing air terminals..hosted or non-hosted?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
EddieFromDC
1282 Views, 2 Replies

Placing air terminals..hosted or non-hosted?

Hello,

I just wanted to know what some or most of do when placing air terminals. Hosted or non-hosted. I know if I

use hosted families but with no ceiling I can just create a workplane..Which is better?..Thanks in advance..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abulla
in reply to: EddieFromDC

We prefer to use non-hosted. With all the possible ceiling heights in a project, we figure it's easier to change the offset manually rather than create a bunch of work planes. Something we've done recently to help ceiling/air terminal/light coordination is to tag the ceiling heights in a working view, so we can quickly check our heights. Does anyone know if an add-on like Model Review or an equivalent can compare old model ceiling heights to new ones? That would be a huge help.

Message 3 of 3
RickGraham
in reply to: EddieFromDC

I agree with Abullah. We use non-hosted for th singular reason that our architect seems lke he just came back from a Frank Lloyd Wright seminar and now all the ceilings are sloped. First off, they look terrible when you rotate the diffusers  to the ceiling slope. And (at least for us), the deliverable is a piece of paper with 2D planimetrics. So, to combat this, we place the diffusers where the architect has shown them, but in a flat plane.

Yeah, if the architect wants a fancy fly through or otherwise, the diffusers won't show up. So, I have been giving some thought to having a secondary diffuser symbol in the family that will show up for the architect. I haven't worked out the details, but it is my intention to try this out.

Rick

Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report