Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping View Range

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
piestro
1779 Views, 4 Replies

Piping View Range

Hi 

i´m using Revit mep with a central file with all my piping system and a linked revit architectural file with structural and equipment. I have a problem with my view plan, because in my building there are several levels and below them  I have pipes. In my view I have a great hole where i can see the floor. I want to show only the elbows and connection pipes in the above level and not show the pipe below the grate but I want to show too my pipes in the lower level.

please I need help.

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: piestro

Can you post an image of a Plan View and a Section View for this area? This will aid us in investigating possible solutions.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
piestro
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Please find attached the picture regarding my plan and section. 

I think that I solve the problem with view. I have a associate plan @ 1632 and cut plane @3000 (I can see my pumps below) and I sectioned my plan in severals region plant with differents cut planes. 

Now I can see only the pipe above the grating but just fitting and some valve. The pipe are not showing.

thank you 

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: piestro

Plan Regions are still not a perfect tool in Revit MEP and aren't very dependable. As you can see, they don't behave as expected with certain categories, such as Pipes. Perhaps the cleanest way you can do that is to create separate views and then overlay them on the sheet, or hide the elements that you don't want to see. I would have to delve into this a little further to see if there is a better solution.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
piestro
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Im going to try to solve this with overlaped view. 

please let me know if you have a better solution

thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report