Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping Systems, Flow direction mismatch, and Pressure Loss Calculations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wils02
1223 Views, 2 Replies

Piping Systems, Flow direction mismatch, and Pressure Loss Calculations

MEP Expert,

The current goal is to create appropriate piping systems, but I am having a tremendous amount of difficulty. As much as I have searched, there seems to be a serious lack in Revit MEP support out there for issues such as properly connecting systems, flow mismatch directions, and even generating pressure loss reports.

Basically as a starting point, I have successfully created a CHWS system (or so I think), but when I select the "Check Piping System" option under the "Analyze" tab, I get the "CHWS: It is not possible to calculate the flow since the flow direction mismatch. Please check flow direction on all equipment in this system". I have checked every section of the pipe, and the flows are properly distributing throughout the system, but this error remains.

Does anyone have the knowledge and expertise out there to help me figure this out and correct my mistake? I would be extremely grateful for any and all advice!

Sincerely,

Jared

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: wils02

Do your connectors on all plumbing fixtures have the same flow configuration and direction?  Say your WC's are set to Fixture Units and LAV's are set to Calculated the system will not calculate even if the LAVs have a FU value associated with them.  

Message 3 of 3
rajeng
in reply to: wils02

please share ur drawing in this mail ID with minimum size. I will send you what need to be corrected in that.

rajeng@Lntecc.com.

If you have done it already good. else u send the file.

Rajesh G.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report