Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping Schematics

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LisaDrago
3503 Views, 2 Replies

Piping Schematics

Hello - I am working with a client - they are making the switch to Revit MEP and I am assisting them.

The question is about their schematic dwg's - I have attached an image of what they want to do - 

My thought is this is now going to be more of an isometric with the valves and such showing 3d on the pipe.

Am i right or  is there another way? 

Thanks!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tjbeecher
in reply to: LisaDrago

I have been asked by a few people if what you are trying is doable.  I have finally talked them in to isometrics with valves equip.  Locking hte view and tagging the view to replace these.  The engineers I worked with think they are just as good if not better.

Message 3 of 3

Joining the party late I know. To date the answer to replicating the attached 2D schematic format in Revit is - not really. It is possible sometimes for things like Electrical layouts but it means a mixture of workflows and will then be messy.

I have attached an example of how we used isometrics for drainage in MEP2011. Unfortunately the anno is text as no tagging was allowed prior to 2012 but it shows the principle.

The trick is getting away from axonometric/isometric definitions based on angles (there is bound to be one person who will quote that these type of views are based on a specific angle!!!) and pick the angle which displays the most amount of information the clearest.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report