Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Frigotherm
617 Views, 4 Replies

Piping problems

Hi guys, i have a building design suite premium with revit.

whenever i try to add a pipe its acting strange. please check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCO0HdBcvrk

the problems are these:

-pipes are single line

-those lines are not visible in some views

-i can only draw a single section: click on start point, click on endpoint, every additional click does nothgin. (in the video i am actually clicking all the time when i move the mouse around)

-looks like the system family isnt loading for the pipes

what i tried:

-different project templates

-uninstalling and reinstalling clean

-with/without service pack 1

-plaing with the line thickness setting

-reinstalling the libraries

additional info:

-all the material libraries are installed

-the revit library (german international) is installed

-all external plug ins have been uninstalled/removed

i'm frustrated on this because i need to finish an urgent project and it isnt working. please help!

thanks

frifer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Frigotherm
in reply to: Frigotherm

nobody? please its urgent...

also if please a moderator could move this to the mep section, i postet it in the wrong section. sorry..

Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun

Frigotherm wrote:

"pipes are single line"

Change the Detail Level to "Fine". Pipes will show as single-line on both Coarse and Medium Detail Levels.

Changing the Detail Level is done via properties or by clicking the "checkerboard" icon at the bottom beside the scale.

Frigotherm wrote:

"those lines are not visible in some views"

Check the View Filters under Visibility/Graphics Overrides. The default View Filters are "Domestic" and "Sanitary" and are turned off by default.

Frigotherm wrote:

"i can only draw a single section: click on start point, click on endpoint, every additional click does nothgin. (in the video i am actually clicking all the time when i move the mouse around)"

Make sure that there are Pipe Fitting Families loaded into the project. You can check by going to the Project Browser and scrolling down to Families and to Pipe Fittings. Then, you will have to define a default fitting type for each Pipe Type. This is done by selecting a pipe and clicking "Type Properties" at the top of the properties palette.

Frigotherm wrote:

"looks like the system family isnt loading for the pipes"

Sorry, I am unsure of what this means.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
Frigotherm
in reply to: CoreyDaun

hi!

first of all thanks for your answer!

isnt there suposed to be a default family loaded?

please find my image attached, this is what i see there, is there supposed to be more? i am not able to locate the families i need to load, in the piping folder there are 3 folders: valves, fittings, accessories (translated from german)

in the fittings folder there are subfolders containing various families.. some for curves, some for T-pieces some for crosses etc. i would need at least one of each tipe... how am i suposed to load them? i feel somewhat confused.

any help appreciated.

thanks

frifer...

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

The families that are loaded in by default are determined by the project template.

I would recommend creating a company template that has all of you basic families loaded, systems setup, etc.

No image seems to be attached.

Use 'Load Family' from the Insert tab to load in the fitting/accessory Families that you wish to use. Then, edit a Pipe System Family's Type Properties and there, you can define the default fitting to be used.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report