Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping-K Coefficient table

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JeffOBrien
1286 Views, 4 Replies

Piping-K Coefficient table

Where can I find the K Coefficient table within Revit MEP 2012? I am trying to find where the table is to better understand the piping systems within revit.

This is an option in the loss method of properties when you click on a pipe.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
embolisim
in reply to: JeffOBrien

Is that an editible value?

Not sure what its for, Revit doesn't use K to calculate pressure drop in pipes, only in fittings & accessories.

See here.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User%27s_Guide/3156-Referenc3156/3173-Pipe_Si...

Message 3 of 5
JeffOBrien
in reply to: embolisim

It is an editable value. It is specified in the loss method in both the element properties and the type properites. The issue we are having is the loss isnt being calculated at the accessories. I can get the pipes to size correctly but cant get the correct numbers due to the loss not being calculated in certain areas, ususally around the accessories.

Message 4 of 5
embolisim
in reply to: JeffOBrien

hmm, I'll try to remember to play with that when I get  chance at work.

I haven't played much wih accessories. I have some confidince in the pipe & fitting pressure loss calcs, but left it when I worked out that you cant schedule fitting pressure loss & therefore cant give a report to a senior engineer to verify the calcs.

Have you looked at the accessory connectors, I'm pretty sure you enter the K value in there. Bear in mind there are 2 connectors but you dont want to apply the pressure loss twice.

It would be SO much easier if we could schedule all the system losses in a pipe system schedule.

Listening Autodesk?

Message 5 of 5
JeffOBrien
in reply to: embolisim

Yes that would be nice to have a piping schedule. It would also be good to have the families be accurate. The families that we are using in our example are from the imperial library. Is there a way to fix the connections so they recognize the loss or how does that work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report