Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping Calculations, questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
439 Views, 1 Reply

Piping Calculations, questions

The strainer should show  up in the system browser because we want to verify  the flow through it and the pressure drop; should go down all hydronic accessories that we add to the system. I am diving into a problem we are having with piping calculations. Above you’ll see the system browser for the system we created. The problem we are having is, the piping calculation works fine when we don’t show the hydronic accessories. We’ve noticed that the systems are neglecting any loss’s that occur at the equipment that is placed in the system. For instance, the pressure loss associated with strainers, but we have not been able to get the system to count for the lost associated with the strainer (similar for losses for valves, air separators, etc.)   When we show those accessories, the system error comes up saying the flow is zero. My question is, do you have any resources or input that could help use resolve this problem as soon as possible?

VAV is number 1, where there is 55 GPM, with supply air pressure drip at .01 in-wg.

Unit Heater is number 3, 50psi, 2GPm, 200 degrees F, and heating load of 20000btw/h

Equipment 2: see chiller attachment

The system doesn’t recognize the pressure drop or flow associated because if it did, it would be 3050 GPM, not the 50. If  you take a look at the strainer you’ll see the GPM reads 3000. In the piping system, it should recognize that we are running the calc, and compensate where its needed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
embolisim
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you opened the families in the family editor & checked the connector properties?

The chiller connectors should be mapped to the loss parameters i your screen shot if you want to use those values.

Ditto the hydronic accessories. Where did you get them from? It sounds like the conectors aren't set up right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report