Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipes rotating when I extend

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mechjag3060
284 Views, 2 Replies

pipes rotating when I extend

I am working in revit 2013 and am trying to draw some sanitary piping. I have my mains in and am drawing branch lines. When I extend those branch lines out it rotates the pipe a few degrees so I am no longer perpendicular to the main.

We had this problem on an earlier project when we were connection pipes to fixtures. It would rotate the branch a few degrees and move the mains. We fixed it by pointing our revit.ini files to the lookup tables (they were not looking in the correct area). I tried that on this project but the .ini file is looking at the correct lookup tables.

So far my work around has been to select the branch and hit draw pipe instead of extend.

Hoping someone else has found this and fixed it.

Thanks,

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thombrady
in reply to: mechjag3060

I had this issue before. My section was actually rotated slightly so it drew the pipe incorrect. Is this the problem?

Message 3 of 3
mechjag3060
in reply to: thombrady

The problem had to do with the lookup tables. Our standard network install points to lookup tables on our network. Our Admin's copied the 2012 lookup tables and renamed them as 2013.

I was about to lose my mind with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report