Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipes not visible in floorplan

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
HVAC-Novice
13956 Views, 5 Replies

Pipes not visible in floorplan

Somehow i can't make pipes visible in my project in Revit 2014. I tried everything, everything is set to be visible, the view range shows everything else, and I changed the discipline. I used pipes in other projects, so I typically know how to see them.

I can see them in 3D views, but not in floorplan.

I read there is some issue when the discipline is not mechanical. I tried to change from plumbing to mechanical, but nothing makes the pipes visible.

Is there some bug I need to work around? Or some project setting i inadvertently changed? i just opened a different project with pipes and they show as intended.

thanks for the help

Revit version: R2024.2
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Maybe you can post an example project?

It can be many things,

-Graphics Overrides.

-Filters.

-Visibility Setting.

-View Range.

-Phasing.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: L.Maas

EnlInt wrote:

"It can be many things,

-Graphics Overrides.

-Filters.

-Visibility Setting.

-View Range.

-Phasing."

I would bet that the default View Filters (under Visibility/Graphics Overrides > Filter tab) are the culprit. You may not be able to change these V/G settings if using Revit 2013 or later; the reason being that the View's settings are being controlled by a View Template. You can change the View Template by either opening the View, clicking on the button beside "View Template", selecting the appropriate one from the list, and clicking "Edit" next to "V/G Overrides Filter". See Revit Help for more info on View Templates.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
JeremyBVEI
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Just had the same problem and realized that the waste pipe I drew was in the hydronic supply system, and that is why it would not show. Might check that.

Message 5 of 6
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It was the filters. Not sure how a filter was set, but i looked and removed the filters in V/G settings and all the 20 pipes I drew one over another became visible.

thanks for the help, this really was a rookie oversight on my part.

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 6 of 6
kevinchris095
in reply to: CoreyDaun

You just saved my time. Thanks a lot 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report